Who we work with?
- Refurbishment of Bikes and Sales to the Public
- Bike Sales and Maintenance direct to Educational establishments
- Developing new opportunities
Cycle Chain successfully operates in partnership with a number of organisations who share our socially responsible and environmentally friendly vision.
Two of the organisations are the West Midlands Police Service and Trinity Specialist College:
1. The Police donate bikes that they have recovered but remain unclaimed by the general public
2. Cycle Chain provide the facilities and Trinity Specialist College the students who receive training as part of the refurbishment of the bikes
In addition to selling bikes through the shop, Cycle Chain is supporting Sustrans and their BikeIT initiative encouraging youngsters to cycle to school. Through Cycle Chain schools can gain access to great value bikes that can then be maintained at a reasonable cost through the "Dr. Bike" scheme. This idea has caught on and has also been taken up by some schools outside of the initial funding provided by Birmingham City Council.
At the other end of the eduction spectrum, Cycle Chain is working with the different Universites in Birmingham to give students access to good value bikes.
Given our involvement in cycling, it should not come as a surprise that we have a good relationship with the Cyclist Touring Club (CTC) too.
We are always on the look out for how we can expand our existing relationships or build new ones if it will help us with our goals. By working with Cycle Chain, we look for all organisations involved to achieve a win-win outcome.
Our Current partners include;
Trinity Specialist College
Canal & Rivers Trust
BCC/Bike North Birmingham