The Way Ahead for CycleChain: environment friendly, socially responsible, economically viable.
- A business model based on sales, teaching, hire, and contracting. Although our objects appear charitable we have developed by contracting our services. Charitable gifts are very welcome but our ethos has been to trade, rather than rely on charity. We plan for socially and environmentally driven investment in our work so we can develop more of what we do.
- Birmingham, city of cycling, needs our expertise. The enthusiastic tourism potential of the canals, drives us to develop bike hire, led rides, guided history trails in largely traffic free environments. For people who need help with riding skills look at our section on Bikeability
- Birmingham, city of thousands of bikes. The growth in numbers of bikes requiring maintenance and repair needs our skills. We can train cyclists in DIY and we can train mechanics to City and Guilds level.
- CycleChain working with disability and disadvantage. For many years we have used the bike workshop as a great medium for engaging students; practical and physical skills, handling tools, teamwork and communication can all be taught around our core activity.. fixing bikes and dealing with the public. We continue to offer work experience to people referred by agencies concerned with increasing employment prospects and we have worked with students who have visual impairment and with mental health issues. We are moving towards accreditation of our courses and look for partnerships with colleges, schools and agencies who recognise the value of our approach.
- All that we do can be done by others. We have acted as development consultant to other bodies and can offer consultancy work at reasonable rates.
- A welcome for volunteers. We are looking out for volunteers who have an aptitude for aspects of our work. The bike is central to what we do and helping us promote our various services to the cycling community is becoming more important to CycleChain
Please contact us about any aspects of our work using the contact form