We are a business, we thrive on trading and contracting our expertise.
- A registered Company Limited by Guarantee (4512548) with charitable objects, operating on a “not-for-personal-profit” basis, annual accounts sent to Companies House. CycleChain was set up in 2002 as an organisation committed to creating real opportunities for individuals supported by trading activities rather than grant funding. This is the essential ethos of our social enterprise.
- CycleChain directors are not paid for their work.They are strongly committed to cycling and have continued to seek out partnerships which enable us to contribute to the cycling community and to continue our special interest in offering training and work experience to students with learning or visual disabilities or mental health issues.
- CycleChain workforce returns from trading currently sustain one full time mechanic/trainer and two part timers. Our principal overheads are warehouse rental and mooring / trading licenses for CARINA our floating workshop, and essential new parts for our bike servicing plus associated vehicle running costs
- Seeking partnerships. CycleChain needs to share our experience, commitment and our skills in working with disadvantaged groups, developing community interest in bikes & cycling, and exploring the fascinating world of the canals as a focus for our activity. As a small business our aim is to grow upon what we already do, and to open doors in the wider business community for students, volunteers and trainees who have worked and learned with us.
- Partners and contracting. Amongst our folio of contracts past and present are, local authorities,charities, colleges, schools ,large companies, police and transport bodies.